Who Can Apply? The Debt Arrangement Scheme
This online tool aims to help you understand who can apply for the Debt Arrangement Scheme (DAS) and whether it is suitable for you.
The Debt Arrangement Scheme is a Scottish Government Scheme intended to help people struggling with debts by giving them more time to repay them.
It has a number of benefits, these are:
- It gives you time to repay your debt;
- You only pay what you can afford;
- It stops interest, fees and charges;
- It prevents you being made bankrupt;
- It stops wage arrestments;
- It also stops Sheriff Officers: