This one day seminar is intended to provide a complete overview of Scottish sequestrations, including when sequestration can be used, what effect it has, and how the estate should be administered.
It will be ideal for those who only have partial knowledge of sequestration, or who wish to expand or refresh their knowledge. It will also be useful for those who wish to familiarise themselves with the Bankruptcy (Scotland) Act 2016.
The topics that will be covered, amongst others, will be:
- Debtor and creditor awards;
- The effect on diligence, including equalisation of diligence;
- Recall of sequestration;
- Debtor Contribution Orders;
- Vesting of the debtor’s estate;
- Challengeable transactions;
- Treatment of the family home;
- Offers of composition;
- Annual reviews;
- Creditor claims;
- The effect of the debtor’s discharge; and
- Re-opening sequestration.
As with all Advice Scotland seminars, delegates attending the event will receive a bespoke handbook, expanding on the topics covered during the day and which can be kept for reference.
- Date: Tuesday, 29th August 2017
- Location: Training Suite, Money Advice Scotland, Pentagon Centre, 36 Washington Street, Glasgow, G3 8AZ
- Time: 9:30 – 16:30
- Delegate Price: £125 (Includes lunch)